Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A List of What I Will Bring

Time moves along towards my departure date. Right now, here in Barrington, IL, it is snowing out, again/still/more! Training continues on my bike in the basement and will increase slowly to assure that I will at least be ready physically.

Today, nothing more to report than what I will be bringing on this trip. I am certain I have forgotten something and have added more than I need, but from what I read of other's journals, this is about right.

Cycle Clothes
Cycle gloves
Cycle shoes/Sandals
2 Cycle shorts
3 Cycle shirts
Rain jacket and hood

Non Cycle Clothes
1 Pr. Shorts
2 T or Golf shirts
1 Long Pants convertible to shorts
1 Nylon Pullover jacket

Toiletries
Toothbrush/paste
Brush
Shaving gear/cream/after shave
#50 Sunblock
Deodorant
Kleenex
Toilet Paper
Camp towel
Blistik with sun block
Chapstick
Cortizone-10
Insect Repellent
Bar Soap/plastic container
Nail clipper
First Aid Kit
Vitamins

Electronics
Digital Camera w extra batteries and charger
Cell phone w charger
Thumb Drive

Bike and Packs Equipment
Helmet w rear view mirror
3 Water Bottles
Handlebar bag
Fenders, front and rear
Flashing rear light
Front light
Bike Lock
Front and Rear Pannier Carriers (Racks)
2 front and 2 rear Panniers
Compass
Nylon tie-downs
Rags to clean and oil chain and bike
Hand washing towlettes
Tools/Spare parts
Tire pressure gauge
Combination Allens Head Wrench set
8/9 box wrench
Spoke wrench
Extra spokes
Swiss Army Knife
Crescent Wrench
Chain lubrication
Assorted nuts and bolts
Tire pump
Chain tool
Derailleur cable
Brake cable
Tire removal tools
1 spare tube
2 tube patch kits

Camping Equipment
Tent
Tent poles/stakes
Ground cloth
Sleeping bag
Mini Solo Cook Set
Forks, knives and spoons
MSR Superfly Canister Stove + 3 extra cannisters
Clothes line
Interior tent light
As needed, dehydrated foods

As it is my intention to camp 2 nights out of 3 on this trip, my access to things like washing machines, dryers, showers, etc is speculative. Some campgrounds have some or all of those conveniences, otherwise perhaps a sympathetic motel or B & B owner will let me borrow theirs.

It is also my intenrion to update my blog with the day's activities and pictures in local libraries as I move along my journey, thus no computer need come along and take up space and add weight.

All of the above, everything, should not weigh more than 35-40 pounds. I think I am on track to stay within that weight limitation.

That's all for today except for a two hour training ride.

No comments: