Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Correction From Yesterday and A Couple of Pictures

I did not ride 50 miles yesterday, although last night my body felt like I'd ridden a thousand. This morning, got up early and drove the route. 42 miles exactly. The good news is that I know I could have gone the last 8, so am still comfortable with my conditioning.

Today a shorter route, about 30 miles on the Fox River Trail which I picked up in Algonquin and rode south towards St. Charles. A couple of pics of today's ride follow. This is really also an experiment to see how easy it is to post these pictures. I want to make sure I can do it before I get off on the trip.

Although the trail follows the Fox River downstream, here's a picture of the trail going up hill. How does a trail going down, go up?

The Fox River Trail with the river very high as a result of the snow and rain this past winter.


Trail Dawg. A hot dog stand just north of Carpentersville on the Fox River Trail. Great dogs, soft drinks and chips. Just near the end of my ride today, so a welcome sight for sure. Delicious. PS. Today I brought my money. PPS. My bike with rear rack attached in the foreground.


And finally, a picture of all the stuff I'll be packing into those 4 yellow packs that hang off the bike. Everything in the list posted last month including a couple of things my son Dave suggested I add to the list. Thanks Dave

No comments: