Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No April Fools - Sort Of...

Unlike Southern California, where I'm from, in Chicagoland one can look out the window at a perfectly sunny day - especially now that in April it is supposed to be warm - and although it looks like it ought to be warm out, it isn't! Looks 70, IS 48.

Looking ahead at the 10 day weather forecast, it looks like it will be in the mid to high 50's on Sunday, so that's the day I will take my bike outside for the first time this winter and ride my 50 mile workout on REAL roads, with REAL fields, REAL cars on the road, REAL barnyard dogs and REAL people and things. Wowsers. What a concept.

If you've been reading this blog, you already know I'm a weather woos, preferring to ride inside until it warms up some. This winter is long and cold, so "warming up some" is going to have to be the mid-50's. I only have a month left before I leave for New Orleans, so road work outside is critical. Saturday's the day, then.

No comments: