Friday, May 9, 2008

Quincy to Hannibal.

Left Quincy early this morning. Cold, cold and cold! Within 30 minutes, also raining. Arriving in Hannibal, I decided today was a day to rest my legs, which seem a little sore and heavy. I'll stay here tonight. Tomorrow lots of miles through the Ozarks on lots of hills. Also wanted to find a way to post the pictures I've taken along the way.

Thanks to Judy Carpenter and Harold Smith of the local radio station across the way, I've found a friend in Matt, the young fellow in the computer repair shop. He let me sit at his desk for the past 3 hours and post the pictures. Thanks so much Matt!!



Crossing the Mississippi into Missouri this morning in the rain. A nice wide 8' sholder on the side of the highway made this very safe. Just wet!



The "Official" fence that Tom Sawyer had his friends paint. There are several more around here that are unofficial.



Remember this hotel, Matt Colvin? We stayed here several years ago on our own journey of discovery. My home tonight.

There's supposed to be an art fair down here in old Hannibal and it looks like a good place to dry out from the rain and hang out for the rest of the day. Long day tomorrow and don't know when I'll find another place to upload pictures. Thank you again, Matt Clark of Aloha Technologies for your courtesy.

One last thing. For those of you who noticed I was going from Muscatine back to Davenport, the corrections have been made : > )

3 comments:

Bob's Bike Rides said...

This is a test.

Anonymous said...

This is a test to see if I can post comments on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Well I must have a sick sense of humor, I laughed out loud when I saw your feet. Boy did they look tired. This looks like such a great trip. Keep on truckin' Colvin.