Friday, May 9, 2008

Yea! I Found A Friend - Matt - in Hannibal Who Let Me Download Pictures

Pictures are worth a thousand words....finally!



At the start, ready to go, I think!



Carla God Bless her. Asking the question of her husband, "Tell me one more time why you need to do this?" Finding no satisfactory answer again, she left me in Muscatine and drove home...



Harley For Sale. Just 10 miles into the ride, before I've even gotten tired, this temptation! I passed it by, since wondered why!



I'll just throw this picture up from time to time to remind you what the scenery looks like when its sort of flat.



My first night on the road, courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Norman Frank and their son Cory.
The tent stayed dry and I was comfortable as I listened to thunder later that evening.



Just down from the Frank farm, early in the morning on the way to Burlington. This Kingston not like Matt's!



Just down the road from Kingston, not what you want to see!!!



No matter how long I stood there and wished for a way across the river, it still left me standing in the mud unable to get to the other side and expletive deleted!



Near the end of a long day, when I was really looking for a cold drink, Oaksville! The post office was closed, the Dairy Queen was long ago out of business and the only convenience store in town had recently had a car go through its front window!



1st crossing of the Mississippi from Burlington to Illinois. You want me to go across there on my bike?



The Mormon Temple in Nauvoo. Prime Real Estate.



This sign, across the street from the Mormon Temple. Go get 'em, catholics!



Just south of Nauvoo along the Mississippi River. You cannot get closer than this!



Hard to get the true feeling of this hill. There were to be 20 of these yesterday between Nauvoo and Quincy.



No Dairy Queens nor Walgreen. No Shell Oil or BP. But all along these back country roads, Casey's is ready to serve.



Something else you don't want to see on a bike. They call them "Rollers". They do!



"You want me to build this house 10' off the ground? What'r you thinking of??
Flooding on the road into Quincy.



Great view from the riverfront in Quincy. My dinner last night just next door!

No comments: